Operative Dentistry, Cariology and Biomaterials:
- There are nine areas of specialization in the field of dentistry:
- Dental Public Health
- Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Dental public health is concerned with the prevention and control of disease through community efforts. Endodontics deals with the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions of the dental pulp and nearby tissues. The research, identification and diagnosis of illnesses of the teeth, mouth and nearby regions is covered in the specialization of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology. Best Dentist in lucknow
That branch of general dentistry concerned with the advanced knowledge, expertise and clinical skills in operative dentistry, restorative dental materials, educational theory, techniques, and teaching skills. It includes scientific research and knowledge in the areas of cariology and advanced scientific clinical training in restorative materials and biomaterials.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is the specialty of dentistry which includes the diagnosis, surgical and adjunctive treatment of diseases, injuries and defects involving both the functional and aesthetic aspects of the hard and soft tissues of theoral and maxillofacial region.
The M. D. S. in Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics is three year Postgraduate program. It is the branch of dentistry which deals with the treatment of caries, malformed, discoloured, nonesthetic, or fractured teeth and endodontics deals with treatment of pulpal and periapical diseases and dental pain management
Endodontists are dentists who specialize in maintaining teeth through endodontic therapy -- procedures, involving the soft inner tissue of the teeth, called the pulp. The word "endodontic" comes from "endo" meaning inside and "odont" meaning tooth.
Best Endodontist in Lucknow
Your restored tooth after root canal therapy could last a lifetime, if you continue to care for your teeth and gums. However, regular checkups are necessary. As long as the root of a treated tooth are nourished by the tissues around it, your tooth will remain healthy.
Signs you may need root canal therapy include:
- Severe toothache pain upon chewing or application of pressure.
- Prolonged sensitivity (pain) to hot or cold temperatures (after the heat or cold has been removed)
- Discoloration (darkening) of the tooth.
- Swelling and tenderness in nearby gums.
Most dentists will agree that indeed, some can become toxic and dangerous...but whether this leads to an abscessed tooth or can cause other diseases is another issue. ... On the one hand, the Dental Association's insist that root canal-treated teeth do not cause or contribute to any systemic disease.
The sutures disappear usually within two weeks and over time the bony window heals up under the gum. If the procedure is successful,it takes about six monthsfor some bone to replace the cavity where the root tip and cyst were removed.