A strained muscle in your lower back can be quite painful. These are typical symptoms you might experience:
- your back hurting more when you move, less when you stay still
- pain in your back radiating down into your buttocks but not typically extending into your legs
- muscle cramps or spasms in your back
- trouble walking or bending
- difficulty standing up straight
While most people will have pain in their lower backs at some point, these injuries usually heal within several days. You can help expedite the healing process by gentle stretching, applying ice packs and using OTC topical creams and oral medication.
Regularly exercising to help strengthen your back muscles can help prevent repeated back injuries.
However, if you pull a muscle in your lower back and your pain doesn’t go away after several days, if you experience nerve tingling in your legs and feet, or if you have other symptoms like fever and weakness, see a doctor.
Visit Low Back Pain Muscle Treatment in Lakewood, NJ.
Founder and lead spine surgeon Dr. Branko Skovrlj gets you out of back pain by addressing your spinal disorders. Call today for an appointment: (732) 737-9194.